Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn furniture clear coat problem

On Apr 17, 2:25*pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 06:15:10 -0700 (PDT), Brent Bolin

wrote:
Hello All,

Last summer purchased outdoor table from Home Depot. *I sprayed it
with a clear coat hoping it would extend the painted finish. *The
clear coat has milky splotchy patches. I suspect the surface was not
total clean. *What is the best way to fix this?

Strip the spray painted clear coat?. *Sand down to the painted surface
and just re-spray with paint?

Input would be appreciated.

What is a "clear coat?" * You get milky patches when water seeps under
the finish. *Try rubbing the milky areas with mayonaise and a rag.

What is the table top made of???