Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default dehumidifiers revisited

Nate Nagel wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
OK...

does anyone make a decent dehumidifier anymore? I bought two LG's last
year, one for the basement and one for the garage, the one in the garage
is already dead. Only other brand that I saw on the shelf was
Frigidaire and I actually returned one of those because it ran constantly.

...is there anything out there, or am I stuck with replacing one a year?
What is actually dead on it?
I think all the freon leaked out. It sounds loud, runs all the time,
and no water is collecting in the bucket.

Warranty?

It's an LG, if what I read online is any indication (trying to do
pre-purchase research on a fridge) it's easier just to write it off.

I've got two dehumidifiers, a Hampton Bay branded unit, and a Maytag
branded unit. The Maytag is ~6yr old and the HB ~10yr. The HB doesn't
seem to indicate where it was made, the Maytag is "made in PRC" a.k.a.
China. Based on the near identical labeling, it appears both were made
by the same OEM. Both still work fine, one I use occasionally in the
house such as when I've cleaned the carpets, and the other is in my shop
and runs regularly.

You can check warranty info on your LG unit on the lge.com site.