Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default dehumidifiers revisited

On Apr 16, 6:03*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
OK...

does anyone make a decent dehumidifier anymore? *I bought two LG's last
year, one for the basement and one for the garage, the one in the garage
is already dead. *Only other brand that I saw on the shelf was
Frigidaire and I actually returned one of those because it ran constantly..

...is there anything out there, or am I stuck with replacing one a year?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

One year I bought a sears, its was fine. Next year I got another sears
but it was completly different and obviously made by a different co,
it failed in 1 month and Sears gave me a new unit. I think they are
all of unknown quality now made by someone somewhere. Take what you
have back for repair and consider a longer extra warranty next time.
If its within maybe 6 months Sears will just give you a new one. I
just looked at Consumer Reports and no reliability rating is given, Id
say shop name brand and extra warranty-replacement policy. Its obvious
they sell junk and know it, if you see the exact same model sold now,
well you know what you can do with that defective one.