Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long

On Apr 16, 11:52*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote:

Actually the quill travel on mine is 3.125"

That's a bench top isn't it?

Yes

I am looking at almost 5" possibly 6" for a replacement.

Would expect somewhere around 5+"-6+" travel to be std for a floor mount
these days.

Actually no, Laguna drill presses are less than 4" and many other floor
models are also. *You have to make it a point to check that specification
out on every you consider. *Actually I have only seen a hand full that are
close to 5" or more.

This one would make any Festool or Laguna look in place.
http://www.general.ca/pagemach/machines/75500a.html