Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default dehumidifiers revisited

Nate Nagel wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
OK...

does anyone make a decent dehumidifier anymore? I bought two LG's last
year, one for the basement and one for the garage, the one in the garage
is already dead. Only other brand that I saw on the shelf was
Frigidaire and I actually returned one of those because it ran constantly.

...is there anything out there, or am I stuck with replacing one a year?
What is actually dead on it?
I think all the freon leaked out. It sounds loud, runs all the time,
and no water is collecting in the bucket.

Warranty?

It's an LG, if what I read online is any indication (trying to do
pre-purchase research on a fridge) it's easier just to write it off.

Perhaps you should give the manufacturer a chance to make good on the
warranty before you bash them. I've had no issues getting acceptable
warranty repairs on most every but my Chevy truck, and in that case
their warranty fraud just cost them a $50k+ sale.