Posted to alt.home.repair
cjsinko cjsinko is offline

Default Kohler engine problems - craftsman lawn tractor

cjsinko had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-366656-.htm
:
I have the same mower and had the same problem. tried every possible
solution. Seemed like an electrical problem. Gave up had sears come out
and the problem was water in the fuel bowl. Does it stall under power,
i.e., when the blades are engaged and you are mowing? As it stalls try
disengaging the blades does it continue to run? If so I bet it is water.

-------------------------------------
hillclimber wrote:

Have a 18 hp Kholer engine (model # CV492)on a 42" Craftsman lawn
tractor
(7 years old). Problem is starts OK and runs for 20 minutes or so and
then
starts to stall and lose power. Does restart but repeats problem.
This
was the first mow of the season. Had run all gas out for winter. Used
fresh gas to start. Know I need a new battery as I can put a charger
on
the current (orginal) battery and get mower started but should have
anything to do with the stalling? Changed oil and oil filter and air
filter. Have not changed gas filter or spark plug. Please advise,
Thanks.