Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Ammo prices for 7.62x39

Ignoramus2981 wrote:

Went to cheaperthandirt.com to replenish some supplies, and was
shocked to see that 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 now costs $499. WTF? There
is no anti-gun legislation that was adopted yet, it can still be
imported, etc, why such a crazy price? That stuff used to cost under
$100 for a thousand, if I remember right.

having a sticker shock

When what I feared didn't happen for the most part during the Clinton administration, I
ended up with a 'fair' supply of components. Fair enough that I'm sitting this panic out
for a while.

For some reason, I think the worry is worse this cycle than in Clintons terms.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller