Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Ammo prices for 7.62x39

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:51:14 -0500, Ignoramus2981
wrote:

Went to cheaperthandirt.com to replenish some supplies, and was
shocked to see that 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 now costs $499. WTF? There
is no anti-gun legislation that was adopted yet, it can still be
imported, etc, why such a crazy price? That stuff used to cost under
$100 for a thousand, if I remember right.

having a sticker shock

Although I've heard folks at gun shows claiming that Obama is to
blame, I suspect it's more the paranoia of gun owners reacting to a
Democrat (Liberal, pinko) admin, and the subsequent cupidity of
dealers willing to take advantage of this fear.

I plan to wait on any ammo purchases until the Fear (and prices) has
subsided. Hope I'm right - it's not the Administration that I
distrust, but the Congress.

Joe