Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Kangas[_3_] Phil Kangas[_3_] is offline

Default Canadian Tire in trouble?

Cambell River is a bit like Owen Sound Ontario,
isn't
it?
A hundred miles from nowhere.

Nowhere being Nanaimo. But we are unlike anything in
Ontario.

Ever been to Flin Flon? ;))

Have you ever been to Broke Leg Falls?

Campbell River is actually a fairly major place. Used to

be one of the best
salmon sport fishing areas. Will be towing the boat

through CR in August on
the way to Port Hardy and a Rivers Inlet run. Now there

is a place that is
near nowhere.

So back to Flin Flon, how come nobody goes there? Back in'96
my friend and
I made a motorcycle trip there and all the way up and all
the way back all we
got when we said we went to FF was " are you crazy? are you
nuts? nobody
goes to FF". We heard it at the border, in restaurants, gas
stations, campgrounds
and even the RCMP! That place is unusual all right. All
rock, hard rock. The
power poles are mounted on big steel plates that are bolted
into the rock and
anchored with at least four guy wires each, the whole power
line! And the
water/sewer lines are above ground in a manifold box house
to house and heated
with a steam line connected to the smelter in winter. Quite
the place.....
I'm happy we made that trip......the weather was good at
that time and the
night was very warm for that far north. The northern lights
were blasting away
and it never did get dark like it does farther south. They
are near the 55th paralell
so the days were long and the night short.
phil