Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Cable marking

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
PM wrote:
I need to put stickers on several mains cables (IEC leads for PC
equipment). The stickers wrap round the cables with a small overlap.
However the adhesive is not strong enough and after a couple of weeks,
or less if the cable is moved around a lot, they start to peel off.

Opinions please on the best way of making these more permanent. My first
idea is clear parcel tape over the sticker - will this work? Any better
ideas?

The only really long lasting way - other than for just a number - is to
cover the label with clear heat shrink. But not practical unless you can
remove a plug from the cable.

You might have more success labelling the plug or line outlet as these
doesn't flex.

I just write on the cable itself with a fine marker pen, it seems to
last pretty well on normal T&E (either white or grey). It's not very
good on black SWA of course! :-)

--
Chris Green