Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:23:07 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

I've purchased Craftsman tool in the past because of the liberal return
policy but seem to remember a recent poster getting a snarky response from
the sales droids about that. My Gooja Karma seems to be lacking because I
can't pull up the articles.

Does Craftsman (Sears) still allow the return policy on their tools? Or has
it been knocked down to "If within the first 90 days of purchase" like most
other tools?

The Ranger

I have a Craftsman handscrew clamp with a loose handle. I tried to
take it back and they refused, saying that only Craftsman tools
without moving parts are guaranteed. Can't hurt for you to give it a
try.

you need to try again and get the store manager involved in front of a
bunch of customers. Raise voice as needed whilst you are telling them
"WHAT!?! You won't warranty a lifetime warranty tool???"