Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

Kyle wrote:
On Apr 14, 7:02 pm, Phisherman wrote:
I have a Craftsman handscrew clamp with a loose handle. I tried to
take it back and they refused, saying that only Craftsman tools
without moving parts are guaranteed.

There's the rub - by what definition does Sears define a 'hand tool'?
Some might try to claim, as Phisherman mentions, that hand tools are
only those things that don't have moving parts, thereby getting away
with not honoring wrench sets or the like.

But the VP's memo posted at Consumerist.com does put my irk to rest
from a few years ago when a Sears quasi-pseudo-department manager said
that Sears didn't warrenty hand tools any more. Poor 'droid doesn't
even know his own company's policy...

Always remember droids have bosses and you should ask to speak to one.
Just remember to be nice at the start.
If that does not work ask for the store manager:-))

Lou