Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

On 4/13/2009 1:00 PM Steve Barker spake thus:

The Ranger wrote:
I've purchased Craftsman tool in the past because of the liberal return
policy but seem to remember a recent poster getting a snarky response from
the sales droids about that. My Gooja Karma seems to be lacking because I
can't pull up the articles.

Does Craftsman (Sears) still allow the return policy on their tools? Or has
it been knocked down to "If within the first 90 days of purchase" like most
other tools?

If it is in fact a CRAFTSMAN tool, then it is a lifetime warranty unless
a air tool or power tool. Air tools are one year. Not sure about the
electric ones. Don't own any craftsman electric stuff. (and never will)

Why not?

I have a Craftsman drill (3/8" reversible, *all metal*), router,
circular saw and saber saw (the last two bought new). Never had any
problems w/any of them (well, outside of having to replace the speed
control on the drill which I bought for $15, well-used, at a flea market).

Perhaps your reasons are as irrational as your refusal to use WD-40.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)