Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default NAMES is almost here!!

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey all,

I'm off to Toledo in just a few minutes to get started on set-up for
the NAMES show next weekend. My computer was crashed until this
morning, and now I'm in a super rush, so I didn't get a chance to
extol the good things about attending if you can. But it looks like
another good one, and it's number 20, so if you can make it please try
to get there.

I hope you have arrived safely and things are in good order.

Names is really great!

Errol's Pics
http://neme-s.org/NAMES_2008/north_a...ngineering.htm

Mine
http://garage-machinist.com/names2008/index.html

Bandwidth limited.
http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...ng/Names_2007/

Brian posted this schedule of seminars earlier.

March 31, 2009 NAMES 20th Annual Seminar Schedule

Time TOPIC Presenter

SATURDAY
10:00AM "TIPS FOR BEGINNERS" by Clif Roemmich

10:00AM "STIRLING ENGINES" by Bert deKat (Principles of engines
run by EXTERNAL heat)

10:00AM "GET KIDS IN THE HOBBY" by Chip Greene

11:00AM "BUILD A BACKYARD FOUNDRY" by Rick Chownyk (A simple foundry
furnace)
12:00PM "ALUMINUM CASTING" by Rick Chownyk
(Patterns and molds and pouring)

12:00PM "ADVENTURES IN HOMESHOP CNC" by Ron Ginger

12:00PM "SILVER SOLDERING & FABRICATING SMALL PARTS" by Jerry
Kieffer

2:00PM "STATIONARY STEAM (used in) POWER HOUSES" by Brad Smith
2:00PM "A DECADE of EVIC ENGINE DEVELOPMENT" by Dave Bowes
(Computer chip control of a gasoline engine by valves alone. No
carburettor!!)

2:00PM "TRY THIS" by Phil Shannon (Tips for specific tasks, and
a good Q&A)

4:00PM "ROTARY PHASE CONVERTORS" by Bob Swinney (Get "commercial"
3 phase power in the home shop from standard household wiring)

4:00PM "ART TO PART" by John Barlage (from concept to design to a
finished part)

4:00PM "WORKING WITH SMALL CASTINGS AND PARTS" by Ron Grimes
(some VERY small)

SUNDAY
10:00AM "3D DESIGN CAD FOR THE MODEL ENGINEER" by Mike Rehmus

10:00AM "ORGANIZATIONAL TIPS FOR THE SMALL SHOP" by Peter Renzetti

10:00AM "EDM......STILL MAGIC " Mark Toth & Reg Miller (Cutting
Metal with Electricity)

1:00PM "RUBBER AND INVESTMENT CASTING" by Louis Chenot (Lou is
this years "model")

Wes