Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Chinese drywall poses potential risks

ransley wrote:

That would about double the cost of instalation, and remember an oil
base cant be the first coat on drywall, so you advocate 3 coats on
every side to seal out harmfull unscrubbed fly ash contaminents.

I think it would increase the cost by at least ten fold. Someone
would have to put each sheet on saw horses, prime them, wait for the
primer to dry, put first coat on, put second coat on and then
install. If the sheets needed to be cut, the cut edges would need
the same labor and time intensive treatment. It would be VASTLY
cheaper to just throw the bad sheets away!
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.