Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer question

Vernon wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
Syke wrote:
I have a Karcher KB502 pressure washer. It's kept in the garage.
Last year when I tried to use it in the spring, water poured out
near the trigger.

Exacly where? Could you post a picky with an arrow pointing at the
leak?
I discovered that the equivalent spare part (gun) for
the Macallister washer (B&Q's own brand) fitted OK so bought one.

Hmmm. Karcher is the worlds number one, by a HUGE (and I mean HUGE)
margin. Everthing is made to fit them, not the small time bit player
B&Q (taken on a world wide view).

Now this week when I switched on, another flood of water from the
trigger. I had a look and discovered there are FIVE different sizes
of O ring inside the gun. Bought some O rings in B&Q today but after
changing them all- no luck, still leaking. Any suggestions?

Yes, forget B&Q, they don't know their base from their apex when it
comes to pressure washers. Google for Karcher spares, but you have
to identify exactly where the leak is.

stealing the thread slightly, my father has today broken his karcher
220H, the gun and hose are a one piece assembly. Took it apart and
found that he has broken a small piece of plastic off the end of the
pipe, it is the part that the attachments seal to, just behind the
spring. I cannot find a replacement part on any drawings etc, so is
it a lost cause? seems silly as it is a seperate component.

Its quite common for manufacturers not to offer a big range of spares for
low end machines. The cost of stocking them is too high compared to the
machine cost. Pressure washers have a pretty large number of individual
parts, compared to say power tools.

The real low end cheapies have no spares availability, if they break down
under warranty its cheaper for the manufacturer to give you a new one.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk