Chris

Default Brad nailer for hanging drywall?

"Bob Davis" wrote in message link.net...
Thanks for the informative, serious reply. In the meantime, I looked up
Senco nailers and see they sell a dedicated drywall screw gun. That gave me
a clue that drywall should be treated special.

Screws and my trusty dewalt drill will do fine for the amount of drywall I
have to hang.

Bob

As Renata said, I recommend that you get the attachment thingy to set
it at the proper depth. If you decide to do without, the correct
depth is about 1/8" or so. Any less and the spackle will not hold.
Too much more and the paper will tear, which severely limits the
holding power of the screw head.

Oh yeah, coarse thread for wood, fine thread for steel studs. Also
coarse thread for that stuff that they try to pass off as wood at the
Borg.

-Chris