Silvan

Default Should I Finish Bed Slats?

Charlie Self wrote:

It's actually happened several times. In fact, we've broken three beds.

When building the bed rail piece to hold the slats, notch it 1/4" deep or
so to hold the slats.

Wouldn't help though. We actually broke the same bed three times. The
rails. Those hook plates with bed pins. Broke the wood out from around
the bed pins on one rail, replaced it with a metal rail, which made the
slats tend to fall out. Fixed the wooden rail, broke the other side, put a
metal rail on *that* side, and the slats wanted to fall out... Then we
broke the other wooden side and wound up with two metal rails on our
"antique" old pre-war bed, which looks really ugly, but after I drilled
some holes and bolted the damn slats in place, they haven't gone anywhere.

Maybe I should un-bolt the slats. Maybe it was the excitement of wondering
if the bed was about to collapse that used to put SWMBO in the mood for
lovin'.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/