Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

On Apr 13, 1:25*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Paul Oman wrote:
I seem to recall you need a receipt.... *something I am always losing! -

Nope, no receipt needed -- as long as the word 'Craftsman' is still legible on
the handle of the tool, they'll exchange it. Or repair it -- they had a
problem a few years back with failures of the ratchet mechanism on some of
their ratchet wrenches. I returned one, expecting to get a new wrench;
instead, the clerk pulled out a repair kit, replaced the ratchet mechanism in
about 30 seconds, and handed the wrench back to me.

I liked those repair kits... the really old ratchets were much nicer
than the new ones, at least as far as feel in one's hand goes. I
haven't seen one in years though.

That said, I did manage to get lucky once where I took a friend's 1/2"
drive new-ish ratchet in for repair/exchange after the ratchet stopped
working (one of those deals where we'd both collected a boxful of
busted tools and it was getting to the point where we had to replace
them to get any work done, rather than both of us go I just took both
boxes) and they didn't have any equivalent new models on the shelf. I
walked out with a repaired polished-handle model instead. I thought
for a brief second about going to another store and buying him a new,
standard one but That Would Have Just Been Wrong.

nate