Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia[_6_] Jeff Wisnia[_6_] is offline

Default Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

JIMMIE wrote:

On Apr 13, 11:23 am, "The Ranger" wrote:

I've purchased Craftsman tool in the past because of the liberal return
policy but seem to remember a recent poster getting a snarky response from
the sales droids about that. My Gooja Karma seems to be lacking because I
can't pull up the articles.

Does Craftsman (Sears) still allow the return policy on their tools? Or has
it been knocked down to "If within the first 90 days of purchase" like most
other tools?

The Ranger

Unless it has changed in the last year they are still pretty good
about it. I bought broken tools at a yard sell for almost nothing and
got them exchanged. Tools included a broken shovel and a couple of
worn out ratchets. No Problem.

Jimmie

Boy Jimmie, you oughta win the "There is no right way to do the wrong
thing" award for that. G

Re the OP, my son cracked a Craftsman socket a few weeks ago and had no
problems exchanging it for a new one at our local Sears, without a receipt.

OTOH I had a Craftsman oscillating lawn sprinkler give out on me last
year and brought it with me on a shopping visit to Sears. The clerk gave
me a new sprinkler of similar design, but not marked Craftsman. I asked
him if the replacement would have a lifetime warranty and he told me it
wouldn't and that they no longer carried "Craftsman" sprinklers.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)