Posted to alt.home.repair
Molly Brown Molly Brown is offline

Default Chinese drywall poses potential risks

HeyBub wrote:

"A few years ago, a giant highway sign fell into the traffic lanes and
did
significant damage to the traffic. Investigation revealed that sub-
standard
bolts (from China or Walmart or somewhere) were used to hold it up.
I'm not sure, but I think the fix was to change the engineering specs
double the number of bolts rather than subject the bolts to failure
testing.
You've got to adapt to what you've got."

How many screws does it take to screw on a sign?
Depends on how many people you get to screw.