Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Chinese drywall poses potential risks

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
There is a lot of hype here in SW Florida where this started but the
real problem seems very limited and only really involves one drywall
vendor and one builder, perhaps only one shipment of drywall.
The problem is the TV networks love a crisis and people will always
latch onto a way to bash China.

Very limited? Thousands of homes have it and you say very limited?
After seeing what happens to copper pipes, I'd not want it in my house.

In your opinions, who should be bashed if not the China supplier?

Hi,
I don't think Chinese direct marketed the stuff in States. They just made
them per order sheet. No matter what if there is a sheet installed
that is one too many.

I don't blame the guy on the factory floor, but someone made the decision to
cut corners in production. That ******* should pay.