Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Chinese drywall poses potential risks

ransley wrote:

Your sentence is like saying bald tires present no problem if they
are retreaded.

Exactly!

Or, poison gas presents no problem if all present are wearing gas
masks.

Exactly again! I think you've got it.

Nowhere is it recommeded to "seal" drywall against Vapor Poisoning.

Right. I've never seen a bit of wood stamped "For best results, painting is
recommended" either.

A few years ago, a giant highway sign fell into the traffic lanes and did
significant damage to the traffic. Investigation revealed that sub-standard
bolts (from China or Walmart or somewhere) were used to hold it up.

I'm not sure, but I think the fix was to change the engineering specs to
double the number of bolts rather than subject the bolts to failure testing.

You've got to adapt to what you've got.