Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Chinese drywall poses potential risks

wrote:

I have no problem with bashing China but it shouldn't automatically be
a reason to panic Americans across the country about a problem that
has really only been demonstrated in a few houses built by Lennar over
a very short period of time in Cape Coral Florida.
It is like that tomato scare that had millions of pounds of tomatoes
thrown away over a problem that may have just been one shipment of
tomatoes carried in one dirty truck.

Think it was more than 1 truck. I believe it was a producer in Mexico. It
was the FDA and other agencies that kept trying to cover their ass that
caused most of the scare. Panic, I have been hearing about this problem for
the last 6 months and it's not just Florida and not just Lennar Homes. I
just deal with Chinese crap everyday and it gets annoying.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"