Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Whirpool gas dryer - starts but wont stay running

In article ,
cappy2112 wrote:

[...]

When I had the back panel off, I found a troubleshooting guide for the
repair tech. I tried to go through all of the steps, but can't get the
dryer into test mode.
I've tried this many times, it just wont go. If I jump ahead past the
test section of these instructions, the Problem/Cause table says if
"the dryer starts but won't continue" the electronic board assy should
be replaced. I realy wish I could verify the centrifugal switch works
before doing this. I'm sure that cirbuit board will cost close to
$100, if it's even available.
There are some schematics here too, but if I can't get my voltmeter
probes onto the centrifugal switch, it doesn't quite help.
I could use a dissasembly diagram.

Thats written for the pro repairman. Since he probably has the board in
his truck, its cheaper for him to just replace it and send it back to
the repair depot to fix it than take the time to diagnose the problem in
your house. The inability to get it into test mode is another symptom
of its being broken, but it may need a jumper somewhere for test mode
that the repair guy would know and deliberately is omitted to screw you
up.

Sorry to say, I think its time to call in the repair pro on this job.
First you could try the manufacturers web site and see if thats any
help.
--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L