Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Neighbor Draining Roof onto My Property

On Apr 11, 10:15*am, "DanG" wrote:
He is trying to care for his issues. *The law ends up saying you
can't add water to someone else's property and you can't stop
water that has always gone that way. *Have you looked over the
situation? *Is there a place or direction that could be beneficial
for both of you without messing up someone else? * If water has
always flowed toward you, he may need a rock garden or some other
diffusion *system to prevent *rutting out either of you. *A mutual
solution is always better.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message

My next door neighbor has run his black corrugated pipe from his
downspouts down to the back corner of our adjoining lot, right
up the the fence, and it is draining directly onto my property,
and drenching the footings of my shed.

I can't believe this is anything but intentional. *In fact, he
did it a few years ago, and even more blatantly, and halfway
from front to back, instead of the back corner.

Do I have a reason to complain to the guy? *Am I torqued over
nothing? Someone please talk me out of calling him and
"politely" asking him to move it again.

Or should I go out there at night, and push a long pole through
the fence and push the drain back onto his yard, and see if it
magically reappears again back towards my yard?- Hide quoted text -

My neighbor built a dam that blocked drainage of my property across
his and he had to remove it. He did so quite willingly once he was
informed of the law.

JImmie