Silvan

Default Should I Finish Bed Slats?

Doug Miller wrote:

Can't argue there. One more thing I might add: there should be some means
provided of preventing the bed rails from spreading enough that the slats
can wiggle crooked and drop out. DAMHIKT.

Yeah, especially when that happens in the middle of a vigorous round of, um,
bed bouncing...

DAMHIKT.

It's actually happened several times. In fact, we've broken three beds.

Ah, for the good old days when we used to be horny and awake at the same
time.

And FWIW I agree completely with the solid wood camp on this one. No
question about it. Plywood would make a crappy bed slat. I expect it
would delaminate and break in very short order.

We (the furniture distributor I work for) actually sell plywood slats for
some of our beds, come to think of it, but they have a support running up
the middle with feet in strategic places to cut the span of the plywood in
half.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/