Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Neighbor Draining Roof onto My Property

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
My next door neighbor has run his black corrugated pipe from his
downspouts down to the back corner of our adjoining lot, right up the the
fence, and it is draining directly onto my property, and drenching the
footings of my shed.

Water does tend to run down hill and if you property is lower than his you
will get the water sooner or later anyway.

It does sound like he may being a bit of a butt to not allow the ground to
absorb some of the water before it reaches you.

Before you follow the advice of other posters and call code enforcement,
make sure your own house is in order. Did you get the proper permits for
the shed? Did you alter the natural drainage patterns with the shed (illegal
most places with codes)?

While it is annoying I doubt that a shed has enough weight for it to really
be an issue. Maybe some flow routing can help?

Colbyt