Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Neighbor Draining Roof onto My Property

DanG wrote:
He is trying to care for his issues. The law ends up saying you
can't add water to someone else's property and you can't stop
water that has always gone that way. Have you looked over the
situation? Is there a place or direction that could be beneficial
for both of you without messing up someone else? If water has
always flowed toward you, he may need a rock garden or some other
diffusion system to prevent rutting out either of you. A mutual
solution is always better.

I agree. Nothing can create ill will faster than calling the
authorities before discussing the issue with your neighbor. If you let
him know you have a problem due to his actions, perhaps the two of you
can find a solution that satisfies both of you. If not, then you can
call the authorities for help.

I no longer live in a mega-city environment, but I did live in one for
many years. It is amazing how many people in large cities don't even
know their neighbors name, hence the reluctance to discuss a problem.