Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl angle grinder stand

Bob Minchin wrote:
wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

The angle grinder stands are back at Lidl, Thursday I think.

I bought one last time they had them & its excellent, especially at a
tenner.

Bit of a fiddle to assemble, but once done really well made & rigid.

theyre even cheaper at
http://www.whdirect.co.uk/product.ph...0&bestseller=Y
and diamond screwdriver bits 3 for �1, titanium 7 for �1.
Looks like a lot of cheapo stuff.

Anyone done business with these folk before?

NT

They are OK to deal with. Much of their cheap lines are "blackspur"
branded which are pretty near the bottom of the pile but oddments for a
one off job they are fine.
Stange mix of a pound shop and a poormans screwfix.
I've not bought from them for a couple of years now but then their
online ordering software was appalling and clunky but it may well have
improved.
As always - you get what you pay for.

hth

Bob

cheers, yup. I just ordered some stuff of the you-cant-go-wrong type,
modesty blocks, tile spacers, spreaders etc, and some screwdriver bits
to try. Will report back next week.

PS its actually £7.19 after the 10% off, and free shipping. But I sure
dont want any of the Blackspur, erm, stuff.

NT