Posted to rec.woodworking

Default replace interior door knobs/locks

"Texas Slacker" wrote in message
On Apr 10, 2:58 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
Gotta buy three to get these:

http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...emNumber=50360

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

An added comment.

I can still remember my father complaining about these knobs when he
was forced to use them in a house he built in 1947.

Can't remember why he had to use them, probably availability (1947 was
a housing boom year), just remember the glass to metal bond kept
breaking and the knobs were a total PITA to use.

And yes, they really were BFU!

Lew

Well, OK guys these use the square shaft. I have no problem with
throwing the Kwickset stuff away but what do I use to adapt the
qwickset hole to the new stuff? Is there a cover plate or an adapter
to get me from Kwickset to China special? Thanks

What does it matter? You can buy complete sets that include everything if
the new knobs won't work with your existing Kwikset latch. No need to worry
about adapting the hole in any way. Just remove the existing latchset and
install the new. BTW - "China special"? Methinks you're going to be a very
disappointed individual as you begin to realize where your favorite things
are being manufactured.

--

-Mike-