Posted to rec.woodworking
Texas slacker Texas slacker is offline

Default replace interior door knobs/locks

On Apr 10, 2:58*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
Gotta buy three to get these:

http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...emNumber=50360

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

An added comment.

I can still remember my father complaining about these knobs when he
was forced to use them in a house he built in 1947.

Can't remember why he had to use them, probably availability (1947 was
a housing boom year), just remember the glass to metal bond kept
breaking and the knobs were a total PITA to use.

And yes, they really were BFU!

*Lew

Well, OK guys these use the square shaft. I have no problem with
throwing the Kwickset stuff away but what do I use to adapt the
qwickset hole to the new stuff? Is there a cover plate or an adapter
to get me from Kwickset to China special? Thanks