Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fuxit Mr Fuxit is offline

Default Lidl angle grinder stand

On 10 Apr, 22:54, PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:25:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I've a Lidl AG and the discs are too big for this stand (220mm) - are there
smaller ones available?
I suppose that I could reduce the size - cut 'em down with an AG!

I think you will find the Lidl Stand will fit most 4-4.5" AGs only.
I have a larger stand that fits my 9" grinder bought from either
Toolstation or Screwfix but I note that neither seem to offer them now.

I just got one from axminster to turn my 9" AG into a brick cutter.
Just enough depth to cut a brick,
misses the back corner, but whacking the brick on something fixes
that !
A bit of a fiddle to line it up to cut square in all planes.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-A...Angle-Grinder-...

Simon.

Thanks for the link. When I feel the need...

Interesting that the smaller one is 2x Lidl's price - I wonder if it's
worth it.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.

It's twice the price, but it has a pressed steel base, where the Lidl
one has a cast iron base.