Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] sm_jamieson@hotmail.com is offline

Default Lidl angle grinder stand

On 10 Apr, 18:51, Bob Minchin wrote:
PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:36:48 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

The Medway Handyman *wrote:

The angle grinder stands are back at Lidl, Thursday I think.

I bought one last time they had them & its excellent, especially at a
tenner.

Bit of a fiddle to assemble, but once done really well made & rigid.
Does it fit all/most angle grinders - or only the ones sold by Lidl?

I've a Lidl AG and the discs are too big for this stand (220mm) - are there
smaller ones available?
I suppose that I could reduce the size - cut 'em down with an AG!

I think you will find the Lidl Stand will fit most 4-4.5" AGs only.
I have a larger stand that fits my 9" grinder bought from either
Toolstation or Screwfix but I note that neither seem to offer them now.

I just got one from axminster to turn my 9" AG into a brick cutter.
Just enough depth to cut a brick,
misses the back corner, but whacking the brick on something fixes
that !
A bit of a fiddle to line it up to cut square in all planes.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-A...ands-20849.htm

Simon.