Posted to rec.woodworking
Texas slacker Texas slacker is offline

Default replace interior door knobs/locks

My house has the standard (for Texas anyway) fake panel doors with
cheap Kwickset knobs/locks. They are now 12-13 years old and
beginning to show some wear. I would like to repace them with
something with a little more class, like maybe glass knobs but all I
find are antique replacements which use the old door lock types with
the big keys. This takes an entirely different mounting hole than the
Kwickset's. Besides they cost about $100 a pop so for a dozen or so
doors that is just a bit more class than I want. Does anyone know of
a replacement knob set that will fit the Kwickset hole and maybe has a
glass knob? Preferable cheap and classy looking. Thanks.