Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Noise reducing headphones for hearing protection?

In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

-MIKE- wrote:
Am I the only one who gets nervous thinking of woodworking while wearing
headphones playing music? And ones designed to cancel outside noise, at
that?

It depends... It's not a black and white thing.

I don't really care about sounds from my Shop Vac, ROS, angle grinder,
biscuit joiner, etc...

When I'm using a jointer, planer, saw, router, etc... I just hit pause
during the cut. I think the right amount of attenuation helps me hear
the sonic details of the cutter.

I hear enough from a nail gun or my mower WITH the music. G

That''s very much how I use them too

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv