Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Noise reducing headphones for hearing protection?

-MIKE- wrote:
Am I the only one who gets nervous thinking of woodworking while wearing
headphones playing music? And ones designed to cancel outside noise, at
that?

It depends... It's not a black and white thing.

I don't really care about sounds from my Shop Vac, ROS, angle grinder,
biscuit joiner, etc...

When I'm using a jointer, planer, saw, router, etc... I just hit pause
during the cut. I think the right amount of attenuation helps me hear
the sonic details of the cutter.

I hear enough from a nail gun or my mower WITH the music. G