Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Noise reducing headphones for hearing protection?

jeffgee wrote:
I have been using some earbuds for music and then some big earmuff
style hearing protectors over them. I have been shopping for
headphones and was wondering what the group thinks of using noise
reducing headphones for hearing protection. I have a feeling they only
stop normal noise and would not provide the protection I am looking
for but thought I'd ask on the off chance that I could exchange 2
things sitting on my head for just one.
thanks for any input you might have
-- jeff

I like Blockade Earbuds ~ $40 from Amazon. They work SO well, I can
watch my Shop Vac top get sucked down and hear NO noise! G

I have Bose ANR headsets in the plane, and they work at different
frequencies, leaning towards low and low-mid frequencies.

Blockades are cool, LIGHT, and easy to clean.