Mark Jerde

Default Jointer Safety Help

Jay Windley wrote:
My dad can affirm that you can feed a suitably substantial piece of
stock the correct direction through a joiner, using the proper
pusher, and taking only the merest fraction of wood off, and still
turn the tips of your fingers into a fine red mist when the stock
decides to jump.

Yurg!!

There is no safe combination of joiner drum and
human finger. The only way to avoid serious injury on a joiner is to
keep your fingers as far away (and preferably downstream of the feed
direction) as possible from the drum.

Does anyone use feeders with jointers? (I asked this already but if it was
answered my filter ate it.)

-- Mark