Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Source for LCD monitor?

I meant that none of my comments (not others'), WRT old CRT monitors, were
pertinent to his inquiry.

There don't seem to be a lot of cheap (depending upon one's definition) new
LCD TVs, PC or just composite monitors.. not that I've seen (except used
ones and ones that are dead).

I've been looking at local stores and on eBay, for a small (10-12" or 15")
LCD composite video input monitor or a dual-purpose video/PC LCD, but not a
widescreen (so the composite video doesn't get stretched) and they aren't
plentiful in my experience, or they cost as much as the larger widescreen
models ($200+).

I haven't used any of the scan converters, mainly because I'd have to buy
them just to find out if they produced a good image with no stretching or
shrinking involved.

--
WB
metalworking projects

. 3.70...
"Wild_Bill" fired this volley in
:

None of this is really pertinent, since the OP was hoping to find a
small LCD display instead of a CRT video monitor.

yeah, I read that. But the rest of the thread and the OP's responses
seemed to indicate a mis-use of the term "monitor" to mean a dumb
glass teletype with an LCD screen.

If he just wants a monitor, why hell, he can buy any one of the cheap
LCD "HD" format TVs with VGA input or low-end LCD computer monitors,
and one of several "sync and luminance to VGA or composite" converters
or kits of same. It's not necessarily a "pretty" solution, but cheap
and workable.

LLoyd