Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Reconditioned vs. New

On Apr 6, 5:22*pm, "SBH" wrote:
What is the general consensus regarding the purchase of reconditioned tools
vs. new? Yes, I know new is new but I see most, if not all, manufacturers
offer the complete warranty and incentives with a reconditioned tool as you
would a new. Of course, name brand is a consideration, therefore, let's
assume it's a name brand item such as Dewalt, Ridgid, Delta, Bosch, PC,
Milwaukee, Makita and so on. but not interested in Ryobi, Craftsman, Stanley
and Skil, though, they may have some higher end tools, I prefer what the
pros use. Therefore, would you purchase a reconditioned tool?

My father in law was a professional machinist and woodworker. He
swore by refurbished tools. He felt that the refurbished tools were
better because they had the careful going over that new tools didnt
receive.He may have not been right on this count but I never saw
anything that proved him wrong in his collection of tools.

JImmie