Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leon Leon is offline

Default Nova G3 or PSI Barracuda

"randyswoodshop" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 11:08 am, mac davis wrote:

Hi Leon,

I have a Nova G3 and love it...

I have used it to hold bowls up to 8" and it works well.
I would buy the Nova

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

\
Thanks Randy, I ended up with the Super Nova 2. It was on sale foe $149.

I tried it out Sunday and it did not leave me with the feeling that I should
have gotten something else. I don't care for the "regular" drill bit chuck
type key that the G3 uses and much prefer the hex wrench that the Super Nova
2 uses. Additionally the hex wrench has a ball tip so that it can be
tightened or loosened with the hex T-wrench at most any angle. As a bonus I
cannot leave the key in the chuck because the ball end will not stay in
place by it self, and will fall out if I don't hold on to it. I could see
me leaving the wrench in the chuck, turning the lathe on, and watching the
wrench fly, at least one time.