Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Kohler engine problems - craftsman lawn tractor

Is the engine equipped with an oil sensor? It is designed to kill
the engine when it is not happy. Kohlers are sensitive to
starving a crank bearing if run on hills long enough to oil starve
the bearing.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"hillclimber" wrote in message
m...
hillclimber had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-366656-.htm
:

Thanks for all the advise and help. I have installed a new
battery (from
Tractor Supply Company - good prices - better that Sears!), fuel
filter,
spark plug (old one looked pretty bad), cleaned out the fuel
tank, checked
the fuel tank cap for air flow. It starts good and runs good.
Mowed for
a hour or so with only a small problem. I have some fairly good
slopes in
my yard (I live in mid-Tennessee) and when going up a slope of 5
to 10
degrees the engine will sometimes try to stall. I can turn
sideways on
the hill and it is OK. This used to only occur when the gas
tank was
getting very low but now occurs with a full tank. I know the
gas is
gravity fed but it does not look like the tank is below the
carb. on the
engine - Any comments? Thanks.