Posted to alt.home.repair
hillclimber hillclimber is offline

Default Kohler engine problems - craftsman lawn tractor

hillclimber had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-366656-.htm
:

Thanks for all the advise and help. I have installed a new battery (from
Tractor Supply Company - good prices - better that Sears!), fuel filter,
spark plug (old one looked pretty bad), cleaned out the fuel tank, checked
the fuel tank cap for air flow. It starts good and runs good. Mowed for
a hour or so with only a small problem. I have some fairly good slopes in
my yard (I live in mid-Tennessee) and when going up a slope of 5 to 10
degrees the engine will sometimes try to stall. I can turn sideways on
the hill and it is OK. This used to only occur when the gas tank was
getting very low but now occurs with a full tank. I know the gas is
gravity fed but it does not look like the tank is below the carb. on the
engine - Any comments? Thanks.