Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default 90% of Mexican guns from the US? Horsehit!!

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:50:32 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 02:34:02 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

I picked out the Bersa at the San Antonio gun show one summer.
It was the smallest thing I could find that I could get my whole hand on.
And the price was way right.

I've handled one of those. I liked it.
I've probably put maybe 1000 rounds through it.
(Back when bullets were cheap. .380 is really high now!)

That's just nuts. .380 is a 9mm short, 2mm shorter than 9mmp with a
lighter bullet -- and ammo costs nearly double. I never thought
reloading .380 would make any sense, but last summer ammo prices rose
to where the amortization time for the dies dropped to under 1 year.

Best guess?

Supply and demand.

Yup. About a year ago the Ruger LCP was going for about $280. Recent
price at Gander was $389. When I went to buy some .22 rimfire ammo
last week at Wal-Mart they had NO handgun ammo larger than .22. They
used to always have 9mmp, .357 mag, .40 S&W and .45ACP and usually
some .380ACP.