Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default 5C collet closing force

Gunner Asch wrote:

I probably have a couple 5C collet closers around here. Need one? Ive
got some Dunhams kicking around. 19:1 holding pressure.

What are you trying to do with it?

I have a clausing 6903, I have the adaptor to mate the spindle taper to a 5C collet. I
also have a chunk of 4130 tubing to make the drawbar. Just want to make a closer. Most
people make a hand wheel type but you never know what you might latch on to when you scrap
out lines and such at work.

Now I have an idea of what force needs to be applied to hold a work piece.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller