Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Worn keyway

On Apr 5, 10:10*am, "Wild_Bill" wrote:
As far as fitting a shaft collar to the shaft shown in the picture, I don't
see a good loation for a collar to mate closely like it needs to.
I suspect that there is more damage in the bore of the blower wheel hub.
WB

My suspicion also. If the key rolled it had to carve a passage through
the fiberglass although it might not be visible externally.

Possibly a spacer bushing drilled lengthwise for the axial collar
screws would allow the fan and collar to both be located where they
work best. The drive torque would pass through the screws as shear at
the junctions, so they ought to be hardened socket head cap screws.

The spacer could be a square block of scrap aluminum of the right
thickness with a centered hole drilled for the shaft.