Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default Metal in the Eye and MRI's

kfvorwerk wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:55 pm, "Nutz" wrote:
"ATP*" wrote in message

Has anybody had one of these orbital x-rays to determine if there are any
metal fragments in or around your eyes prior to an MRI? Apparently the
magnet can move any small piece in your eye and do major damage. When I
got to that point on the consent form I couldn't rule out the
possibility....I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Yep, a few years back. Took about 1 minute - "stand here, hold this", click
and it was done. They came back 5 minutes later and said no problems, go get
your MRI, oh....be sure to remove any genital piercings as well. : )

After much research over the past 60 seconds. I've found out that you
can be safe wearing your genital piercings in an MRI if they're
nonmagnetic (which of course most are) and it's not the area of the
scan.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8065648AA9OrhY
Karl

well, THAT's a relief!