Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd Mortimer Schnerd is offline

Default Kohler engine problems - craftsman lawn tractor

wrote:

Better replace that battery, your probably cooking you charging
circuit, with it trying
to charge your bad battery,false economy. Don't know the charging
circuit, but maybe its stealing
the current to make ignition system operate. It probably the fuel
system.

Visit Harbor Freight and pick up their version of the battery tender for
about $5 when it's on sale. I've been using one on my John Deere lawn
tractor since I bought it new four years ago. I'm still on the original
battery and it starts easily every time.

It will not overcharge the battery like a common charger. I just hook
it up to external terminals I rigged up to make it less of a PITA. It
stays hooked up any time it's not actually being used to cut grass.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com