Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 5C collet closing force

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:18:56 -0400, Wes wrote:

Does anyone have an idea of how much pulling force is required to hold a detail in a 5C
collet?

As soon as it warms up, I'm going to make a drawtube. At the moment, I'm thinking a
thrust bearing and hand wheel is how I will build it.

The right hollow shaft cylinder and a deublin coupler has something going for it too.

Springs might work also, that seems to be how it is normally done commercially.

Thanks,

Wes

I probably have a couple 5C collet closers around here. Need one? Ive
got some Dunhams kicking around. 19:1 holding pressure.

What are you trying to do with it?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner